Buying a home is probably the largest investment most people will make in their lives. After mortgage, insurance, and property tax payments, homeowners still end up spending anywhere from one to four percent of the home’s value for improvements and repairs annually. Using a $200,000 home as an example, anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000 will be spent each year. There are many compelling reasons why that money should be spent on a new roof.
Your roof may need to be replaced because of damage or age, but installing a new roof does more things for your home than simply providing shelter.
These are some of the advantages of replacing your home’s roof:
- It Increases Curb Appeal – Roofing materials are now available in a variety of colors and styles to allow you to make your home’s roof eye-catching and unique.
- It Prevents Inspection Issues – It’s a good idea to have your roof inspected every year to avoid serious complications. If you are planning on selling the house, the roof must also pass inspection. A roof in need of repair will prevent you from being able to sell your house.
- It Provides a New and Longer-Lasting Warranty – Warranties are extended for as long as 50 years for new shingles. Older shingles are only guaranteed for about 15 to 20 years, so a new roof can provide long-term benefits.
- It Boasts Energy Efficiency – Roofing technology has advanced in multiple ways, including energy-efficient roofing materials. Some roofs are now Energy Star rated and reflect heat away from homes to reduce cooling costs.
- It Raises the Resale Value of Your Home – Investing in a new roof increases the value of your house by about $12,000. Not a bad return for a one-time investment of one to four percent.
When you decide to invest in a new roof, make sure you turn to a reputable roofing company. Roof installation is a complex process that should only be trusted to the professionals, like those at Bear Creek Roofing.